SCJA 2016 Conference
“The Changing/Evolving Nature of Criminal Justice in the South”
September 7th - 10th, 2016
Hilton Savannah DeSoto
We will be going to Savannah, Georgia in 2016. Hilton Savannah Desoto is located in Savannah’s Historic District and overlooks Madison Square, historic mansions, and oaks draped in Spanish moss. The deadline for proposals is July 15, 2016. We will be using the electronic submission system again for all papers, panels, roundtables and posters. Please email questions to Dr. Sean Maddan, University of Tampa, (email@example.com).
Members can register and pay online using our new payment system. Click here to register and/or pay dues.
Alternatively, you can print and fill out a registration form for registration and dues renewal (and then send in your form with payment).
Reservation information will be posted here as we receive more word from our host hotel, the Hilton Savannah DeSoto
For the most up-to-date visitor information, please visit the Savannah Visitor's Guide.
Advertisers and Exhibitors
Options and Pricing
SCJA offers the following opportunities for advertising and exhibiting in conjunction with the annual meeting:
- President's Advertising/Sponsor Package: $3,500
- The package will include...
- Sponsor's logo included on the tote bag,
- Designation as a host/sponsor of the President's reception,
- Back page of the program for advertising (assuming the page has not already been purchased by someone else),
- Two additional pages of advertising in the program (or three pages if the back page has already been purchased),
- One insert for the conference bag, and
- One exhibit table at the conference.
- Only one package will be available per conference.
- Exhibit table: $500
- The exhibitor's fee includes up to two conference registrations for your representative(s), which allows access to all the conference activities.
- Associated book exhibit: $50 per item
- Display a selected book or product in the Exhibit area.
- Tote bag inserts: $100
- Program book advertisements (8 1/2 by 11)
- Full page ad, table exhibitor (gray scale): included
- Full page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $150
- Half page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $100
- Quarter page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $75
- Back cover ad (full page, full color): $300
To Advertise or Exhibit
Please complete this registration form and send it along with your advertisement as e-mail attachments to:
Dr. Sean Maddan, Program Chair
You will be invoiced for your exhibit or advertisement fee.
Exhibitor/Advertiser registration forms must be received no later than August 1, 2015.
Exhibits will be open Wednesday (noon) through Friday (5:00 pm) of the conference.
Exhibitors should contact the hotel directly to make arrangements for shipping and storage of materials.
SCJA will endeavor to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing the exhibit area during the hours that the exhibits are closed, but the association does not provide formal security during the conference.
All tote bag inserts must be shipped directly to the conference hotel at no cost or responsibility of SCJA. Addressing of shipments should follow guidelines provided by the conference hotel and should include “SCJA” as the intended recipient. Advertisers should contact the Program Chair to determine the appropriate number of tote bag inserts to be provided and the deadline by which they must arrive at the conference hotel. Inserts received after the deadline will not be included in conference tote bags.
Associated book exhibit items must be shipped directly to the conference hotel at no cost or responsibility of SCJA. Addressing of shipments should follow guidelines provided by the conference hotel and should include “SCJA” as the intended recipient. We request that you donate the books/products you send to SCJA so that we can use them as raffle prizes as a fundraiser for our group. We will send you documentation of your charitable donation for tax purposes.
Future Conference Sites
2015 Annual Meeting Location
Past Conference Programs
- 2014 Conference, Clearwater Beach, FL
- 2013 Conference, Virginia Beach, VA
- 2012 Conference, Atlantic Beach, FL
- 2011 Conference, Nashville, TN
- 2010 Conference, Clearwater Beach, FL
- 2009 Conference, Charleston, SC
- 2008 Conference, New Orleans, LA
- 2007 Conference, Savannah, GA
- 2006 Conference, Charleston, SC
- 2005 Conference, Atlantic Beach, FL
- 2004 Conference, Raleigh, NC
- 2003 Conference, Nashville, TN
- 2002 Conference, Clearwater Beach, FL
- 2001 Conference, Baton Rouge, LA
- 2000 Conference, Charleston, SC