SCJA 2014 Conference
Crime and Justice in the South: Considering the Legacy of the Past and the Outlook for the Future
September 17th - 20th, 2014
Hilton Clearwater Beach
We’re headed back to Florida’s beautiful Gulf Coast! The 2014 conference will be at the Hilton Clearwater Beach, consistently ranked as one of the best beaches in America. This location has something for everyone and all within steps of the hotel - the beach, the Tiki Bar, shopping, eating and drinking, live entertainment, historical activities, and the nearby Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Don’t miss this conference in 2014! Great rates on rooms (all with water views)! The deadline for proposals is July 15, 2014. We will be using the electronic submission system again for all papers, panels, roundtables, and posters. Please email questions to Dr. Greg Dunaway at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The preliminary program has been posted and is available by clicking here.
Call for Papers
A call for scholarly presentations at the 2014 SCJA conference will be posted in the early spring. Stay tuned.
Members can register and pay online using our new payment system. Click here to register and/or pay dues.
Alternatively, you can print and fill out a registration form for registration and dues renewal (and then send in your form with payment).
The host hotel for the conference is the Hilton Clearwater Beach, located on the beachfront at the center of Clearwater, Florida's beach strip.
Why stay at the conference hotel? Click here to find out!
Both rooms with views of the coast and the harbor are $150. A distinct advantage of staying at the conference hotel is that this negotiated block room rate includes: Daily Guest Room Internet Access, Ambassador Pool Service, $10 dinner credit in Reflections (on-site restaurant), Full access to offsite Fitness Center, Children's activities, excluding arts & crafts, 15% off at Clearwater Provisions Store, and 10% off Water Sports Rentals.
Make hotel room reservations by visiting the special SCJA page of the Hilton Clearwater Beach website. You will automatically receive the SCJA discounted rate. You may also make reservations by calling the hotel at 727-461-3222 (mention SCJA to receive the special rate). Remember, these room blocks are typically sold out before the day of the conference, so try to book in advance.
To be posted in early spring. Stay tuned
Advertisers and Exhibitors
Options and Pricing
SCJA offers the following opportunities for advertising and exhibiting in conjunction with the annual meeting:
- President's Advertising/Sponsor Package: $3,500
- The package will include...
- Sponsor's logo included on the tote bag,
- Designation as a host/sponsor of the President's reception,
- Back page of the program for advertising (assuming the page has not already been purchased by someone else),
- Two additional pages of advertising in the program (or three pages if the back page has already been purchased),
- One insert for the conference bag, and
- One exhibit table at the conference.
- Only one package will be available per conference.
- Exhibit table: $500
- The exhibitor's fee includes up to two conference registrations for your representative(s), which allows access to all the conference activities.
- Associated book exhibit: $50 per item
- Display a selected book or product in the Exhibit area.
- Tote bag inserts: $100
- Program book advertisements (8 1/2 by 11)
- Full page ad, table exhibitor (gray scale): included
- Full page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $150
- Half page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $100
- Quarter page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $75
- Back cover ad (full page, full color): $300
To Advertise or Exhibit
Please complete this registration form and send it along with your advertisement as e-mail attachments to:
Dr. Greg Dunaway, Program Chair
You will be invoiced for your exhibit or advertisement fee.
Exhibitor/Advertiser registration forms must be received no later than August 1, 2014.
Exhibits will be open Wednesday (noon) through Friday (5:00 pm) of the conference.
Exhibitors should contact the hotel directly to make arrangements for shipping and storage of materials.
SCJA will endeavor to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing the exhibit area during the hours that the exhibits are closed, but the association does not provide formal security during the conference.
All tote bag inserts must be shipped directly to the conference hotel at no cost or responsibility of SCJA. Addressing of shipments should follow guidelines provided by the conference hotel and should include “SCJA” as the intended recipient. Advertisers should contact the Program Chair to determine the appropriate number of tote bag inserts to be provided and the deadline by which they must arrive at the conference hotel. Inserts received after the deadline will not be included in conference tote bags.
Associated book exhibit items must be shipped directly to the conference hotel at no cost or responsibility of SCJA. Addressing of shipments should follow guidelines provided by the conference hotel and should include “SCJA” as the intended recipient. We request that you donate the books/products you send to SCJA so that we can use them as raffle prizes as a fundraiser for our group. We will send you documentation of your charitable donation for tax purposes.
Future Conference Sites
2015 Annual Meeting Location
Past Conference Programs
- 2013 Conference, Virginia Beach, FL
- 2012 Conference, Atlantic Beach, FL
- 2011 Conference, Nashville, TN
- 2010 Conference, Clearwater Beach, FL
- 2009 Conference, Charleston, SC
- 2008 Conference, New Orleans, LA
- 2007 Conference, Savannah, GA
- 2006 Conference, Charleston, SC
- 2005 Conference, Atlantic Beach, FL
- 2004 Conference, Raleigh, NC
- 2003 Conference, Nashville, TN
- 2002 Conference, Clearwater Beach, FL
- 2001 Conference, Baton Rouge, LA
- 2000 Conference, Charleston, SC