SCJA 2013 Conference
Criminology and Criminal Justice for the 21st Century: Utilizing Researcher-Practitioner Partnerships for Justice System Improvement
September 18th - 21st, 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Official 2013 Final Program. Looking forward to seeing you at Virginia Beach!
Things to do...
Please see the Restaurant and Entertainment Guide for the most up to date offerings in the area.
Virginia’s east coast will be the site for outstanding criminal justice scholarship and networking. Please join colleagues old and new at the 2013 SCJA conference!
Call for Papers
Click HERE for the call for papers.
Members can register and pay online using our new payment system. Click here to register and/or pay dues.
Alternatively, you can print and fill out a registration form for registration and dues renewal (and then send in your form with payment).
The host hotel for the conference is the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, located on the boardwalk in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Why stay at the conference hotel? Click here to find out!
City view rooms will be $139 per night (single or double occupancy.
Ocean view rooms will be $159 per night (single or double occupancy).
Make hotel room reservations by visiting the special SCJA page of the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront's website. You will automatically receive the SCJA discounted rate. You may also make reservations by calling the hotel at 757-213-3000 (mention SCJA to receive the special rate).
Virginia Beach area visitor information is available at:
Advertisers and Exhibitors
Options and Pricing
SCJA offers the following opportunities for advertising and exhibiting in conjunction with the annual meeting:
- President's Advertising/Sponsor Package: $3,500
- The package will include...
- Sponsor's logo included on the tote bag,
- Designation as a host/sponsor of the President's reception,
- Back page of the program for advertising (assuming the page has not already been purchased by someone else),
- Two additional pages of advertising in the program (or three pages if the back page has already been purchased),
- One insert for the conference bag, and
- One exhibit table at the conference.
- Only one package will be available per conference.
- Exhibit table: $500
- The exhibitor's fee includes up to two conference registrations for your representative(s), which allows access to all the conference activities.
- Associated book exhibit: $50 per item
- Display a selected book or product in the Exhibit area.
- Tote bag inserts: $100
- Program book advertisements (8 1/2 by 11)
- Full page ad, table exhibitor (gray scale): included
- Full page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $150
- Half page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $100
- Quarter page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $75
- Back cover ad (full page, full color): $300
To view a letter from Dr. David May regarding these advertising and exhibit options, please click here.
To Advertise or Exhibit
Please complete this registration form and send it along with your advertisement as e-mail attachments to:
Dr. Holly Miller, Program Chair
You will be invoiced for your exhibit or advertisement fee.
Exhibitor/Advertiser registration forms must be received no later than August 1, 2013.
Exhibits will be open Wednesday (noon) through Friday (5:00 pm) of the conference.
Exhibitors should contact the hotel directly to make arrangements for shipping and storage of materials.
SCJA will endeavor to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing the exhibit area during the hours that the exhibits are closed, but the association does not provide formal security during the conference.
All tote bag inserts must be shipped directly to the conference hotel at no cost or responsibility of SCJA. Addressing of shipments should follow guidelines provided by the conference hotel and should include “SCJA” as the intended recipient. Advertisers should contact the Program Chair to determine the appropriate number of tote bag inserts to be provided and the deadline by which they must arrive at the conference hotel. Inserts received after the deadline will not be included in conference tote bags.
Associated book exhibit items must be shipped directly to the conference hotel at no cost or responsibility of SCJA. Addressing of shipments should follow guidelines provided by the conference hotel and should include “SCJA” as the intended recipient. We request that you donate the books/products you send to SCJA so that we can use them as raffle prizes as a fundraiser for our group. We will send you documentation of your charitable donation for tax purposes.
Future Conference Sites
2014 Annual Meeting Location
September 17-20, 2014
Hilton Clearwater Beach, Clearwater Beach, Florida
Room Rate: $150/night, single or double occupancy
Past Conference Programs
- 2012 Conference, Atlantic Beach, FL
- 2011 Conference, Nashville, TN
- 2010 Conference, Clearwater Beach, FL
- 2009 Conference, Charleston, SC
- 2008 Conference, New Orleans, LA
- 2007 Conference, Savannah, GA
- 2006 Conference, Charleston, SC
- 2005 Conference, Atlantic Beach, FL
- 2004 Conference, Raleigh, NC
- 2003 Conference, Nashville, TN
- 2002 Conference, Clearwater Beach, FL
- 2001 Conference, Baton Rouge, LA
- 2000 Conference, Charleston, SC